Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My trip

I think the title expresses quite well which is the main thing of this trip, but I´m so happy with the idea of doing it that I will say it again: I will cycle from Nordkapp (the North Cape), in Norway, the northernmost place you can get by road in Europe, to Tarifa, in Spain, the southernmost!!

Another characteristic of this trip is that I will do it only cycling, without crossing any seas. That will take me through Russia and many eastern countries of the EU, with a total of 2000km more (more or less), than taking the straight way, taking ferries.

This adventure will start in mid-April, when I´ll be done with my scholarship. The exact date is not decided, I have to see how I´m getting to the north of Norway, due to my lack of funds, it will probably be on the cheapest day possible.

The route is also not completely decided yet, there are many thing that I have to check before doing so, and probably it will change a bit along the way. The countries I´m planning to cross are: Norway, Sweden (if inner Finland is too cold in April), Finland, Russia (I´m having difficulties with the visa, if anybody can help, it will be much appreciated), Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, France, Monaco (?), and Spain.


I will sleep in my tent, most of the trip, but I hope that the friends I made over the years, thanks to different international scholarships, host me when I go though their towns (if you are one of those, don´t worry, I will contact before getting there).

Well, that´s basically the trip I´m planning. At the beginning I thought I could do it in between 1 and a half and 2 months, but now I decided I won´t hurry at all. So I can write more about the places I go through :)

There are some European cycling routes, Euro Velo, which cross Europe, through many places. For now I´m planning on following them. The map costs only five euros with transport, so it will be one of the first things I will get.

If you have any suggestions about the trip (which are really welcome), or you want to ask something (even do I don´t know much yet), you can write comments.

Mi viaje


Supongo que si estáis aquí ya sabéis lo que voy a hacer, pero aún así me gusta como suena: ¡voy a viajar desde el Cabo Norte hasta Tarifa en bici! Desde el punto más al norte (al que puedes llegar por carretera) hasta el más al sur.

Una de las características principales es que voy a hacerlo todo en bici, sin coger ningún barco. Este recorrido me lleva por Rusia Y un montón de países del este de la Unión Europea. Esto son unos 2000 kilómetros más que ir por el camino más corto.

El viaje lo empezaré a mediados de abril, cuando se me termina la beca. La fecha no está todavía decidida, ya que todavía tengo que investigar la mejor manera de llegar hasta el norte de Noruega. Ya que no dispongo de un presupuesto demasiado grande, seguramente viajaré en el día más barato.

El recorrido tampoco está del todo decidido, tengo una idea más o menos clara, pero todavía tengo que estudiarlo. De momento este viaje me llevará por 16 países: Noruega, Suecia, Finlandia, Rusia (estoy teniendo problemas con el visado, así que si alguien me puedo ayudar, estaría muy agradecido), Estonia, Letonia, Lituania, Polonia, Eslovaquia, Hungría, Austria, Eslovenia, Italia, Francia, Mónaco(¿?) y finalmente España.

Me llevo una tienda de campaña, así que dormiré en ella casi todas las noches. Aunque espero que los amigos que he hecho gracias a las diferentes becas me alojen, de vez en cuando. (Si paso por vuestras ciudades ya os avisaré con tiempo, no os preocupéis)
Hay unas vías, Eurovelo, que atraviesan Europa por todos los lados. Parece que están bastante bien, así que de momento la idea es seguirlas, aunque no siempre.

Bueno pues ese es el viaje que estoy preparando. Al principio pensaba hacerlo en menos tiempo, pero he decidido no meterme prisa, y ver tranquilamente los sitios, y contároslo. Si tenéis sugerencias o preguntas, escribidlas en los comentarios.

No comments:

Post a Comment