Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fixing and learning day

Today I changed the tire of the bike, because I had a flat tire a couple days back. Once I was at it I decided to change the brakes too. It sounds easy, but it was the first time I did any of the two. Actually I´m glad I practiced before the trip, there are a couple things that YouTube videos don´t teach you. My landlord, who is also borrowing me the bike, knows about these things, so he helped me doing it. It was not as hard as I thought, but I´m not sure I could have done it without any help.

My landlord has traveled around half of the world on a bike. He did a similar trip to the one I´m planning, across South America, and many others. And he was giving me some advices, especially about bikes and materials. It was really interesting and helpful. He also recommended me to go to the north by boat. So I´ll look into that again, I might change my plans.

Here is a picture of the bike when I was changing the wheel.

Arreglando la bici

Arreglando la bici


Hoy he cambiado la rueda a la bici, pues se me había pinchado hace un par de días. Y ya que estaba en ello he cambiado los frenos de atrás. Necesitaba un cambio, ya casi no frenaban,y con hielo no me gusta frenar solo con los de delante. Bueno, la complicación de todo esto es que no lo había hecho antes. No me alegro de que se me haya pinchado la rueda, pero sí de tener la oportunidad de practicar antes del viaje.


El que me alquila la casa sabe bastante sobre bicis, y me ha ayudado con todo el proceso. No ha sido muy difícil, pero no estoy seguro de que lo hubiera conseguido sin su ayuda. También me ha dado consejos sobre bicis y sobre material para el viaje. Él ha viajado por medio mundo en bici, así que tendré en cuenta sus consejos. También me ha dicho que el viaje en barco al norte merece la pena, así que me lo volveré a mirar.


La foto de arriba es la bici en pleno proceso de reparación.

No comments:

Post a Comment