Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Testing the weight

Lately I´ve been quite busy, so I didn´t plan much. I think I´m done with the list of things I want to take. Probably I will take less stuff, but for sure not more. I was really enthusiastic about this so I decided to weight everything. It´s true that I don´t have everything, so what I don´t have I guessed. In total it´s a bit more than 20 kg, including the panniers. I think it´s too much, that´s why I think I will have to cut things from the list.

I also decided that I have to try riding the bike with that weight. So I pack the panniers with 20 kg of books (it was much faster than packing the actual things) and I went for a small ride of 30 km. It was a tour I had already done, with some changes (because I got lost).

At the beginning it was really hard, but soon I got used to the weight. The speed was not that bad, around 18 km/h. I hope to go a bit faster on the trip, but I think that a good bike makes a really big difference. Anyway, I don´t really care about the speed, I think the hours I spend on the road will be more important to calculate the daily distance.
 
I leave you a picture of the bike with the panniers, I know I did already but this time it´s in a nicer place.


bici


Probando el peso


Últimamente he estado bastante liado, por lo que no he planificado mucho. He terminado la lista de las cosas que voy a llevar. Seguramente acabe llevando menos, pero no más. También he pesado todo. En total es algo más de 20 kilos con las alforjas. Creo que es demasiado, por eso creo que al final quitaré cosas.

También he dado una vuelta con este peso en la bici. He cargado las alforjas con 20 kg de libros y he dado un paseo. He ido por un sitio por donde ya había estado y conocía la carretera. Han sido unos 30 km.

El principio me ha parecido bastante duro, pero según me he acostumbrado al peso no ha ido tan mal. He ido a unos 18 km/h. En el viaje espero ir un poco más rápido, pero creo que una buena bici hará bastante diferencia. De todas formas la velocidad no me importa tanto, creo que las horas que esté pedaleando es lo que más afectará a la distancia que recorra cada día.

He puesto una foto de la bici con las alforjas. Se que ya he puesto una parecida, pero esta es en un sitio más agradable.

No comments:

Post a Comment