Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

22th of June – Summer day in the French countryside

0 km Saint Quentin la Poterie, Uzes

Today was a peaceful day, but it was tiring. I got tired of how much I ate. I think my cousin was worried that I´m not going to eat for the next days, and she fed me lots of delicious food.

We started the morning with some “churros”, a typical Spanish breakfast, usually for special occasions. We also ate toasts with the jam they do, the one I tried was of cherries and banana. They are great! In the afternoon I learned how to do it, so when I settle in Budapest I´m going to start doing jams with every fruit.

After this my cousin and I went back to Uzes, to see it around during the day. I was told that it was a beautiful village, and indeed it is. Even thought this medieval towns are horrible to try to cross with the bike, they are great to visit. It was sunny, and the light was amazing, so I took lots of pictures.

The only place we entered was the cathedral. From the outside, apart from the XII century tower, is not very attractive, but inside it´s interesting. It has some kind of galleries, between the aisles, according to an old lady that showed us around, they used to put the other Christian people there, before turning them into Catholics. This church also have some frescoes, from medieval times, preserved because of the Mistral wind.

Soon after we had to go home as her boyfriend was almost done preparing lunch. But on the way we saw a typical construction from here, the “bori”, a kind of barn. It´s interesting to see.

When we got home we had a barbecue ready. I ate so much of some Catalan sausages, and many other things, that I could barely move for the next few hours. But they have a great garden, so it was nice to sit there and chat.

In the late afternoon we went for a walk. Iñigo, my cousin´s boyfriend, wanted to pick some fruits to do more jam. The landscape around here is unbelievable, and the nature starts just behind their house. No wonder they love it here. We took some pictures and picked some fruits and we had to go home and pack, as they are also leaving tomorrow.

We still had dinner together and did jam. It´s very easy. I can´t wait to do my own! And we tried to go early to bed, which we didn´t manage.

I really liked being here with my cousin, and the villages and views are incredible. I don´t know why I didn´t come visit them sooner, but I’m already thinking when can I come here again.

P1030740

Me in the center of Uzes.
Yo en el centro de Uzes.

P1030755

The cathedral of Uzes.
La catedral de Uzes.

P1030769

The XII. Century tower.
La torre del siglo XII.


P1030772


The Bori.
El bori.

P1030771

In France, in the karts in the supermarkets they have a place for the wine bottles.
En los carros de la compra, en Francia, tienen sitio para las botellas de vino.

P1030775

Iñigo and me.
Iñigo y yo.

P1030780

The Provenzal countryside.
El campo provenzal.


22 de junio – Día de verano en el campo Francés.

0 km Saint Quentin la Poterie, Uzes

Hoy ha sido un día tranquilo, pero me he cansado. Me he cansado de todo lo que he comido. Creo que mi prima estaba preocupada de que no vaya a comer en los próximos días, y me ha dado un montón de deliciosa comida.

Hemos empezado la mañana con unos churros, ya que era una ocasión especial. También hemos comido tostadas con una mermelada que hacen ellos. La que más me ha gustado es la de cerezas y plátanos. Están muy ricas, y por la tarde he aprendido a hacerlas. Cuando me instale en Budapest voy a empezar a hacer mermeladas de todas las frutas que encuentre.

Después del desayuno, mi prima y yo hemos ido a Uzes otra vez, para verla durante el día. Me habían dicho que era un pueblo bonito, y realmente lo es. A pesar de que es una ciudad medieval horrible para cruzar en bici, está muy bien para visitar. Hacía sol, y la luz era increíble, por lo que he sacado muchas fotos.

El único sitio en el que hemos entrado ha sido la catedral.  Por fuera, quitando la torre del siglo XII, no es especialmente llamativa, pero dentro era muy interesante. Había unas galerías, entre las naves, y según una señora que nos ha estado contando cosas, ponían a los otros cristianos allí, antes de bautizarlos en el catolicismo. Esta iglesia también tiene unos frescos que se han mantenido de la época medieval gracias al viento Mistral.

Poco más tarde hemos vuelto a casa. Ya que su novio ya estaba preparando el churrasco. Pero de camino hemos visto una construcción típica de aquí, el “bori”, una especie de granero. Son interesantes.

Cuando hemos llegado a casa, ya estaba la comida preparada. He comido tanta butifarra y salchichas que no me he podido mover durante unas horas. Pero ya que tienen un buen jardín, se estaba muy bien allí hablando.

Por la tarde hemos dado una vuelta. Iñigo, el novio de mi prima, quería coger más fruta para hacer mermelada. El paisaje es alucinante, y la naturaleza empieza justo detrás de su casa. Entiendo como les encanta vivir en este pueblo. Hemos sacado muchas fotos y recogido fruta. Hemos vuelto para hacer las maletas, ya que ellos también se van de viaje mañana.

Aun así hemos cenado y hecho mermelada. Es muy fácil. ¡Quiero empezarla! Y hemos intentado ir a dormir pronto, pero no lo hemos conseguido.

Me ha encantado estar con mi prima, y los pueblos y paisajes son increíbles. No sé cómo no he venido a visitarla antes, pero ya estoy pensando en cuando volver.

No comments:

Post a Comment