Total Pageviews

Monday, June 27, 2011

27th of June – Visit to my home town.

141,28 km San Sebastian – Getxo

I finally got to my home town! It´s funny, because sometimes I´m much longer without coming here, and I´m not so excited to come back. Maybe it´s because I got here very slowly. It was great to see my friends and family again.

I left San Sebastian in the morning, and I had already decided to take the national road all the way. Next to the coast would have been very nice, but it´s 20 km more, and many more hills. And in the middle of this heat wave, I took the easy way home.

The first thing I did was crossing the city. I really like it, and there were already people swimming in the sea. There was quite a lot of traffic, and the scooters were very aggressive. But it was just a couple km and I was already out. I did the first kilometers in heavy traffic, but soon it got better.

When I was thinking about resting a bit I saw another guy with a bike and lots of luggage, so I stopped next to him. I offered him a Gazpacho, I had 3 that Carlos, my previous host, had given  me, and we talked. He was a British man who was travelling for 20 days, basically all the way next to the French coast, and he was going to Gibraltar. The thing is that he had almost 40 kg of luggage, lots of bags.

We decided to keep going together, and it was entertaining to be able to talk while cycling. But I wanted to get home, and he was much slower than me. So after half an hour we said goodbye and I tried to hurry.

When I got to my province it´s when I had the hardest uphill of the day, and the traffic was getting heavier. I just wanted to get home, so I didn´t mind the way. I crossed many villages, and I couldn´t get lost, as I know the path.

The last 30 km were especially hard because it was hot, but I kept going with only one more stop. And I did make it for lunch! When I arrived I made a video with Agirregabiria, and then I was ready go home and eat. It was great to be with my family.

Later I went out with my friends, but not long, just for a beer. And around midnight I went home to sleep. I can see my friends longer when I’m done travelling.

Today was not especially hard, but I really wanted to arrive. I had fun till now in my trip, and in a couple days I will continue till the end. So in a bit more than a week I guess I will be done.

P1030830

La concha, the beach in San Sebanstian.
La concha, la playa de San Sebantián.

P1030831

The basque coast.
La costa vasca.

P1030832

Andrew, the british cyclist.
Andrew, el ciclista británico.

P1030833

The Anboto, one of the most famous Basque mountains.
El Anboto, una de las montañas vascas más famosas.


27 de junio – visita a mi pueblo natal.

141,28 km San Sebastian – Getxo

Por fin he llegado a mi casa. Es curioso que otras veces, cuando hace más tiempo que no he pasado por aquí, no estoy tan emocionado de volver. Puede que sea porque he ido viniendo muy poco a poco. Y ha sido genial ver a mi familia y a mis amigos.

He dejado San Sebastián por la mañana, y ya había decidido ir por la nacional todo el camino. Por la costa hubiera sido muy bonito, pero son 20 km más, y muchas más cuestas. Así que en medio de esta ola de calor he cogido el camino fácil.

Lo primero que he hecho ha sido cruzar la ciudad. Me gusta mucho, y se podía ver gente nadando en el mar. Había bastante tráfico, y las motos eran muy agresivas. Pero solo han sido un par de kilómetros. Al principio había bastante tráfico, pero luego se ha liberado.

Cuando estaba pensando en parar a descansar he visto a otro ciclista con alforjas, así que he parado al lado suyo. Le he ofrecido gazpacho, tenía tres que me ha dado Carlos, mi anfitrión, y hemos hablado. Él es un británico que lleva 20 días viajando, básicamente por la costa francesa, y ahora va hasta Gibraltar. El tema es que llevaba más de 40 kg en un montón de bolsas.

Hemos decidido seguir juntos, y ha sido entretenido poder hablar con alguien mientras pedaleábamos. Pero yo ya tenía ganas de llegar a casa, y él era mucho más lento que yo. Así que en una media hora me he despedido, y he empezado a ir rápido.

Cuando he llegado a mi provincial justo he tenido la subida más dura y cada vez había más tráfico. Yo solo quería llegar a casa, por lo que no me importaba la carretera. He cruzado muchos pueblos, pero no me podía perder: conozco el camino.

Los últimos 30 km han sido especialmente duros por el calor, pero he seguido con solo una parada. ¡Y he llegado para comer! Cuando he llegado he hecho un vídeo con Agirregabiria, y ya estaba listo para ir a casa y comer. Ha estado genial poder ver a mi familia.

Más tarde he quedado con mis amigos, pero no por mucho tiempo, solo para tomar una cerveza. Y sobre medianoche me he vuelto a casa a dormir. Ya veré a mis amigos cuando termine el viaje.

Hoy no ha sido un día duro, pero tenía muchas ganas de llegar. En mi viaje hasta ahora me lo he pasado muy bien, y en un par de dé días seguiré hacia mi meta. Así que supongo que en poco más de una semana ya habré terminado.

No comments:

Post a Comment