Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 9, 2011

9th of June – leaving Budapest till the lake Balaton


140,15 km Budapest – Köröroshely

I really like Budapest but it was time to leave. It´s been the longest stop, and I really had to keep going. At least I’m spending another night with my girlfriend by the Hungarian sea.

I wanted to leave early but there were still some things I had to do. I also went shopping, because I think noodles and prepared dry pasta, are cheaper here than in western Europe, so I bought quite a lot.

When I finally left it was very cloudy, but I hoped it was not going to rain. It was much easier than I expected to get out of the city, and I crossed Petöfi bridge. From here I could see some of the most touristic things in Budapest, and it was a nice way to say good bye, for now.

It took another 15 km to get out of the city limits, but it was really easy, basically straight. The way til Székesfehérvar was not bad at all. Bikes where allowed and there were not many cars. The only problem is that I was afraid that it would start raining, but it didn´t.

When I got to this city, half way till the Balaton, it was quite horrible. Bikes were not allowed on the road, and the bike roads were very confusing. I had to ask a couple times. And I think I did a couple kilometers extra, but I managed to leave.

From there till Siófok, it was not bad again, but sometimes it was not allowed for bikes. When there was a bike road, I had to go there. I have never seen so many signs saying that bikes are not allowed. Sometimes the way for bicycles was in the other side of the road, so it was a bit dangerous. And they were not in a good condition, so I liked better going on the real road.

I saw some travelers by bike too. They were with really little luggage so I think they were just going to the Balaton for the weekend.

Once in Siófok I was already in the Balaton, I just had to go to Szántod, where my girlfriend was going to be 2 hours later. For a little bit I went right next to the lake. It´s a really beautiful place, but it was a pity that it was mainly cloudy, and getting a bit colder. There are many bike ways in this part of the country, so the rest of the way was easy, just longer than expected.

Luckily I arrived 5 minutes earlier than Rozi, so she didn´t have to wait. From there we went walking till Köröshegy. There some friends of her family have a house, and borrowed it for the night. It´s a great place, in a beautiful valley, but the highway goes really close through a massive bridge.

As there was not very good weather and it was late we decided to stay in that house and enjoy dinner. They have a really peaceful garden. Rozi also cut my hear. It was getting too long, and it was not so comfortable. So she cut it with the Swiss army knife scissors. And the result is great.

Finally I made it out of Budapest. I was so good there I didn´t really want to leave, but I will come back soon for a much longer time. The only pity today was that the weather was not good to be able to swim in the Balaton, hopefully I will do it tomorrow.

P1030415

Sign towards the Balaton.
Señal hacia el Balaton.

P1030416

My bike at the Balaton.
Mi bici lado del Balaton.


9 de Junio – Desde Budapest hasta el lago Balaton

140,15 km Budapest – Köröroshely

Me encanta Budapest, pero ya tenía que marcharme. Ha sido mi parada más larga, y realmente tengo que seguir mi camino. Por lo menos voy a pasar otra noche con mi novia en el mar húngaro.

Quería partir pronto, pero todavía tenía cosas que hacer. También he hecho unas compras, ya que creo que las sopas y pastas preparadas son más baratas aquí que en el oeste de Europa, así que he comprado bastantes.

Cuando por fin he salido estaba completamente nublado, pero esperaba que no lloviera. Además salir de la ciudad ha sido más fácil de que pensaba, y he cruzado el puente Petöfi. Desde ahí se pueden ver varias de las atracciones turísticas de Budapest, era una forma bonita de despedirme.

Me ha llevado 15km salir de los bordes de la ciudad, pero ha sido fácil, prácticamente todo derecho. El camino hasta Székesfehérvár no ha estado mal. Las bicis podían ir por la carretera y no había muchos coches. El único problema era que parecía que iba a llover, pero no lo ha hecho.

Cuando he llegado a la ciudad, a medio camino hasta el lago, ha sido bastante horrible. Las bicis no estaban permitidas en la carretera, y las calles eran bastante confusas. He tenido que parar un par de veces. Creo que he hecho un par de kilómetros de más, pero he conseguido salir.

Desde ahí hasta Siófok, el camino ha vuelto a mejorar, pero a veces las bicis no podían ir. Cuando había carril bici, tenía que ir por ahí. Nunca he visto tantas señales indicando que las bicis estaban prohibidas. A veces el camino para las bicicletas estaba en el otro lado, por lo que era un poco peligroso. Y no estaban en buenas condiciones, por lo que prefería ir por la carretera.

He visto un par de viajeros en bici también. Llevaban muy poco equipaje, por lo que creo que solo iban hasta el Balaton para el fin de semana.

Una vez en Siófok ya estaba en el lago, solo tenía que llegar hasta Szántod, a donde mi novia iba a llegar dos horas más tarde. Durante un rato he ido justo al lado del agua. Es un lugar muy bonito, era una pena que estaba un poco nublado, y hacía un poco de frio. Hay muchos carriles bicis en esta parte del país, por lo que el camino ha sido fácil, solo un poco más largo de lo que esperaba.

Por suerte he llegado 5 minutos antes de que lo hiciera Rozi, y no ha tenido que esperar. Desde ahí hemos ido andando hasta Köröshegy. Ahí unos amigos de su familia nos han dejado la casa por una noche. Es un sitio ideal, en un valle, pero el único problema es que se ve la autopista, un puente monstruoso.

Como no hacía muy buen tiempo hemos decidido quedarnos en la casa y disfrutar de la cena. Tienen un jardín muy tranquilo. Aquí, también, Rozi me ha cortado el pelo. Ya lo tenía demasiado largo y no era cómodo. Como no teníamos otras tijeras me lo ha cortado con una navaja multiusos, pero el resultado ha sido bueno.

Finalmente he salido de Budapest. Estaba muy a gusto allí, y me ha dado pereza, pero volveré pronto y por mucho más tiempo. La única pena ha sido que no he podido bañarme en el Balaton.

1 comment:

  1. Parece que no tienes suerte con los baños...

    Jajajajajajaja, mira que cortarte el pelo con una navaja multiusos, ¡qué bueno!

    ReplyDelete