Total Pageviews

Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July – From the Tajo till the Guadiana

158,18 km Talavera de la Reina – Navalvillar de Pela

I know I´ve already put a similar title to another post, but it´s fun to cross these rivers. I studied them in school, but I had never seen them, at least some of them. Anyway, the day was quite good, but especially after I got to my friend´s place, but the ride was not bad either.

I woke up quite early, but I waited for my hosts for breakfast. I had everything ready and as soon as we finished, I left. This time I made graphics with the elevation of every 40 km, to see it more accurate, so it was fun looking at it every once in a while and knowing what I had ahead. I think I will do this from now on (the last 3 days).

The way till I crossed the Tajo was easy, and completely straight, and I raced with a tractor, but at the end he won. In the village where I crossed the river I bought bread, and spent some time talking with the women working in the bakery, and they were amazed about my trip. I kept going, knowing that I had 60 km of uphill. And it turned out to be easier than expected.

I had to go over two mountains, and in between there were 5 km of downhill, with many curves, but as I could see the whole way, I used both lanes and it was lots of fun, and fast. Here I found some tables and I rested there. The only problem was that I had to cross a little river to get to them, but it was ok, it was something new.

From there I didn´t almost stop till my friend´s village. There was still some uphill, but the last 40 km had a mild downhill, and completely straight. It was so straight that I got very bored, but I was already thinking on the bath I was going to take in the dam, in the Guadiana.

When I got to the village I called Aitor, and he left a bit early from his job, so he could meet me. In the afternoon we just chat and finally went to the blue flag interior beach. It was good, with really refreshing water, but there was not sand; it was concrete. It was something I´ve never seen before.

We stayed a while there, with his colleagues, and we went home to prepare dinner. We wanted to go to the roof, where there is a terrace, but there were no tables. I cooked some spaghetti and he was very thankful, because he barely cooks, he always eats out. We kept talking and laughing for some time, but he works tomorrow, so not very late we went to sleep.

Today was a great day. I swam in a dam, I´m with a friend of mine, and I ate very well. And the best thing of all is that in just three more cycling days I will finish! Probably when I´m done I will miss being travelling, but now I want to finish. Tomorrow I will stay here and rest.

P1030911

A sign saying that there is a discount of 10 pesetas, the previous Spanish currency, before the Euro, (they disappeared 10 years ago).
Una gasolinera que todavía hace descuento en pesetas.

P1030912

Crossing the Tajo river.
Cruzando el Tajo.

P1030917

Some cranes I saw on the way.
Unas grullas que he visto de camino.

Hodei llega a Navalvillar de Pela (Badajoz)

Waiting for Aitor in Navalvillar de Pela.
Esperando a Aitor en Navalvillar de Pela.

P1030920

At the beach with Aitor.
En la playa con Aitor.

P1030925

The views from my friend´s place.
Las vistas desde la casa de mi amigo.



4 de julio – Desde el Tajo hasta el Guadiana.

158,18 km Talavera de la Reina – Navalvillar de Pela

Ya sé que he puesto un título parecido a otro post, pero me gusta cruzar estos ríos. Los he estudiado en el colegio, pero no los había visto, por lo menos algunos de ellos. Bueno, el día ha sido bastante bueno, pero sobre todo cuando he llegado al pueblo de mi amigo, pero el viaje tampoco ha ido mal.

Me he despertado pronto, pero he esperado a mis anfitriones para desayunar. Tenía todo preparado y tan pronto hemos terminado, me he ido. He hecho gráficos con la altitud de cada 40km, para poder verlo más exacto. Por lo que ha sido divertido ver en cada momento lo que tenía delante. Creo que voy a hacer esto para lo que queda del viaje (3 días).

El camino hasta que he cruzado el Tajo ha sido fácil, y completamente recto, y he hecho carreras con un tractor, pero al final me ha ganado. En el pueblo en el que cruzado el Tajo he comprado pan. Ahí he hablado  con las mujeres que trabajan en la panadería, y estaban impresionadas con mi viaje. He seguido, sabiendo que me quedaban 60 km de subida. Pero ha acabado siendo más fácil de lo que pensaba.

He tenido que subir dos puertos, y en medio había 5 km de bajada, con muchas curvas, y como podía ver toda la carretera, he usado los dos carriles. Ha sido increíble, y muy rápido. Aquí he encontrado unas mesas donde descansar. El único problema era que tenía que cruzar un riachuelo para llegar a ellas, pero ha estado bien, ha sido algo diferente.

Desde ahí casi no he parado hasta el pueblo de mi amigo. Todavía tenía algo de subida, pero los últimos 40 km han sido de una bajada suave, y completamente recto. Tan recto que me he aburrido, pero ya estaba pensando en el baño que me iba a dar en un embalse del Guadiana.

Cuando he llegado al pueblo he llamado a Aitor, y se ha ido un poco antes de su trabajo, para poder quedar antes. Por la tarde solo hemos hablado y hemos ido a la única playa interior con bandera azul. Ha sido muy refrescante, con el agua fresca, pero no había arena, era todo de cemento. Es algo raro, que no había visto antes.

Hemos estado un rato allí, con sus compañeros de trabajo, y después hemos ido a preparar la cena a su casa. Queríamos ir a la terraza en el último piso, pero no había mesas. He hecho unos espaguetis y él estaba muy agradecido, porque casi no cocina, siempre come fuera. Después de cenar hemos seguido hablando y riendo durante un buen rato, pero como él trabaja mañana por la mañana, no hemos ido a dormir muy tarde.

Hoy ha sido un buen día. He nadado en el embalse, estoy con un amigo, y he comido muy bien. Y lo mejor es que, ¡solo me quedan tres días pedaleando para llegar a Tarifa! Seguramente cuando termine voy a echar de menos estar viajando, pero ahora ya quiero terminar. Mañana me voy a quedar aquí y descansar.

No comments:

Post a Comment